The Internal Quality Assurance Cell has been set up with objectives to channelize and systematize the Institution's efforts and measures towards excellence, and to develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices, the IQAC works under the supervision of the Vice- Chancellor and recommends further course of action.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the Institution. Leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution. for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through Management Information System for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the Institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institution based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format.
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of Institution based on the AQAR.
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.